Friday, February 4, 2011

Moonrise Studio / The Chequered Lily Review With Swatches! Plus EOTD

Okay, so I only just found my camera today. Sorry! But here are all the pretty swatches of the Moonrise Studio (soon to be called The Chequered Lily Apothecary) eyeshadows, and this post will be a bit picture heavy. Enjoy!
You can find this company on Etsy, or you can just click here ^.^
A lot of these shadows are very glittery, so I swatched all of them over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. Also, I labelled the free samples that I got, those weren't labelled when I got them. I guess I'm a little OCD about my makeup organization haha :) As for customer service, it was great. Kim is super nice, and convo'd me on Etsy after my order. It shipped within a matter of days and arrived the same day as my Fortune Cookie Soap order.
Honestly, I love all of these shadows. They have wow-factor for sure and they're pretty complex. I keep trying to narrow down my favorites, but I end up giving up because I can't choose. So here are all the lovely colors! I like that the labels all say which you should use with primer and which aren't lip safe. Saves checking.

Here are some pictures showing about how much product comes in each sample baggie. Kim says it's 2-3 applications, but I've got a feeling I can make them last a bit longer. This is the shade Sushi Ginger.


 On to the swatches! I did these a little differently than I usually do; just two at a time so I could show off the detail better. Some of these have more than one picture, depending on how well my camera captured them the first time.
Candy Floss and Sushi Ginger:
Kali and The 13th (see the pretty magenta shimmer!):

Charlotte and November (have I mentioned how pretty all the eyeshadow names are?):

Jareth (this looks the color of Nutella in the baggie, but it's actually gorgeous PURPLE!) and Oakmoss:

Terra and A Dustland Fairytale:


Fragile and Neverwhere:

Silk and Snow, Glass, Apples (SUCH an awesome color!):
Naïve and Stormbreak:

Milky Way (filled with crazy awesome holo-glitter) and Stormbringer:

Black Valentine and Oxalis:

And here's a soft EOTD with some of the shadows I got. Everything's from Moonrise Studio unless stated otherwise:
1. Naïve
2. A Dustland Fairytale
3. Fragile
4. Beetle - Detrivore
5. A Dustland Fairytale
6. Sable Brown - Rimmel
7. Golden Fair matte base - Everyday Minerals

Pretty pictures:






So I give this company major points for blendability, uniqueness, and overall awesomeness. Go check it out, buy, and post reviews! Happy Friday and weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. pretty pretty! I'm so ordering from them the next paycheck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll watch for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there- I'm new to your blog but I can already tell I'm going to be hooked ;D
    I've never heard of this company but I like the look of the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like! I found the seller to be super friendly and shipping was fast :D I definitely stood and gawked for a while when they arrived... they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete